Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Remembering my Daddy on Father's Day

Memories of my Daddy.......the smell of peppers & eggs cooking, the sound of a Bloody Mary with Clamato Juice being stirred, the safety I felt when he hugged me, the hours sitting in his lap in his favorite recliner watching Police Woman/Rockford Files/Lawrence Welk, fishing together at Papa Hermons, driving the golf cart when he played golf, playing Gin & Poker for pennies, going with him to work & watching him repair shoes & teach others to do so, having him so proudly take me around to all of his co-workers offices so he could introduce me to them. I remember his dead man float/body surfing at the beach, his kind heart, his strength, the smell of his BRUT cologne mixed with cigarette smoke on his clothes, his calloused hands, his infectious smile, his wonderful laugh, watching him have his shoes shined at the airport every time before a flight, teaching me to shoot a gun at his friend Charlie's. I miss all these things, but am so thankful to have had him for as long as I did, to have had these memories.  Daddy, I'll miss you ALWAYS........



No comments:

Post a Comment